Welcome to Halfling House

Welcome to my Blog showcasing the development of my Old Skool Citadel Halfling Fantasy Army

Friday, April 4, 2014

Warpy Halflings

Well an updated as promised, the next batch of Warploque Miniatures halflings, I have actually finally finished painting the full unit and I have to be honest that I really struggled with motivation with these and actually rushed through them with a very simple paint scheme.. While they ooze tones of character the actually sculpting of the miniatures is not overly smooth and clean and can prove difficult to pick out the detail on the models especially on the clothing....they almost feel like more of sculpting sketch than a smoothly finished model. While I love the overall feel and character of the models I can't help but think Alex has overly rushed to churn out as many models as possible and needs to slow down to focus on the quality of the finished sculpt as he clearly has the skills to do so. Despite this I feel that it is only onward and upwards for this young sculptor.

Stayed stunned to this page as more Maoris from the New Zealand wars are on the way soon!



Some previously painted models.....





2 comments:

  1. I love the look of the models, but I haven't seen them "live" yet (I'm wishing for his trolls since first I saw them). Thank you for the honest review.

    I've just painted this fella (http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/ral-partha-fantasy-c-37/fantasy-adventurers-c-37_40/03016-halfling-thief-p-1285.html) Oh man, what a cool halfling!

    ReplyDelete