Welcome to Halfling House

Welcome to my Blog showcasing the development of my Old Skool Citadel Halfling Fantasy Army

Sunday, September 19, 2010

BIG RED'S HALFLING ADVENTURER'S

I know, I know this update has been a long time coming well guess what....I actually have some more good excuses with me being stupid enough to take out a mortgage on my first home..... so as you would expect time has been of a premium of late.

So without further ad hue here is my next unit titled "Big Red's Halfling Adventurer's". Inspired slightly by Lord of the Rings and predominately sporting the old skool citadel LOTR range with a wizard and ogre thrown in for good measure. The idea being they are adventurering party on the search for treasure, adventure, pipe weed and beer with a wizard to act as a guide and the ogre as a baggage mule. I think they would be well suited as a Mordhiem war-band. I really like the ogre who I believe is one of the best ogres available on the market.














NEXT IN LINE
Next up on the painting bench is a halfling spearman unit with a mix of C11 Citadel, Harlequin, D & D Grenadier and the old Bob Olley Essex halflings.




UNPAINTED HALFLING'S
Well I certainly have my work cut out for me....have I bitten off more than I can chew??? Still to paint a drunken berserker halfling unit (yes I finally got hold of those illusive beer barrel carrying halflings), a halfling archer unit, a halfling witch/vampire hunter unit, a halfling militia unit, gnome and child allies and two more men-arms-units. Plus I am looking to get the Black Hat and Wiff Waff's halflings hopefully in the near future too. Defo lost the plot.









Some more pics of the halfling bandits





6 comments:

  1. Just saw your post on TMP - I love the Halfling Warband Project. Very well done. And I wish you luck with picking up the missing miniatures.

    Tony
    http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiho

    the big red adventurer unit is cool! red haired Halflings look interesting, I like the style and the choice of coulors.

    greetings from Germany
    florian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Greetings from Canada, great blog, love the concept. I am emailing to alert you to an ebay listing of halflings:

    http://cgi.ebay.ca/Ral-Partha-5X-Hobbit-Dwarf-miniatures-figures-/140470099443?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item20b4ab9df3

    Perhaps you'll find something useful, once again, great stuff
    Damien

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, where can I find the miniatures for the "Halfling Bandits"? I'm involved in a game of D&D and need a mini for my halfling rogue. The model all the way to the right might be perfect.

    you can email me at stephendenoia@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A special Pretoria guest house, situated in the newly established Dinokeng tourism area, just northeast of Pretoria is really a treat. It caters for the discerning traveler who prefers to enjoy the tranquillity and bird life abundance of the countryside. The local shopping mall suits those requiring entertainment and restaurants Guesthouses Ladysmith

    ReplyDelete
  6. A special Pretoria guest house, situated in the newly established Dinokeng tourism area, just northeast of Pretoria is really a treat. It caters for the discerning traveler who prefers to enjoy the tranquillity and bird life abundance of the countryside. The local shopping mall suits those requiring entertainment and restaurants B & B

    ReplyDelete